The Women in Business Network (WiB) had an open call for the members of our partner associations in Algeria (SEVE), Egypt (BWE21), Lebanon (LLWB), and Tunisia (CNFCE) working in the creative industry sector to design and produce a gift to be distributed at the annual assembly of our partner in Germany, the VdU, in 2022.
The creative industry is a fast-growing industry worldwide. Among the members of our partner associations in the MENA region, a large number of businesswomen are working in this field producing highly innovative and creative products.
WiB is aiming to promote the creativity and diversity of the designs and products produced by the enterprises of the member companies in Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon and Tunisia.
What is Creative WiB?
The program “Creative WiB” includes the following:
- Participating in three workshops tackling the following subjects Changing Face of Retail, Does my Product have a Future Abroad and on the topic of sustainability, which will make you familiar with the export potential of your products to Germany.
- The winner was invited to Germany in June 2022 to attend the General Assembly of the VdU.
- The product chosen was produced and imported to Germany and put in the conference “goodie bag”.
- The winner was awarded the prize at the General Assembly of the VdU in Munich in June 2022.
- Is there a money prize for the winner?
No, the prize will be limited to the travel invitation to Germany incl. covering the flight ticket and the accommodation
- Who will pay the production cost?
The candidates shall include an exact calculation of production cost for 200-250 pieces of the product in their submission and will be one of the criteria to be evaluated by the jury members. The Creative WiB program will cover the production cost of the winning item according to the cost stated in the submission.
- Do I have to attend all workshops?
Yes, in order to be able to submit a proposal, the participant has to actively participate in all three workshops
- Do I have to stick to a max. of 5 slides for the submission?
Yes, the PowerPoint presentation must follow the outline described under “how to submit”.
- How many products will be selected?
Only one product will be selected and produced.